Monday, November 2, 2015

The good, the bad and the ugly

The Good- My coworkers, family and friends are AMAZING!!! My Care Calendar is full of those willing to drive me to appointments, Rally for Randi is off the ground and scheduled, fabulous peeps are donating to the rally and my gofundme, my coworkers gave me a huge care package last week, my Aunt Julie mailed me a care package.... I just have no intelligent words to express my emotions of gratitude, appreciation and love for everyone.

If cancer has done anything, its brought me closer to some wonderful people and forced my stubborn self to accept the help and love that is being offered.

I cut my hair last Saturday, and it looks awesome! I have been scared to cut it short for so many years and turns out my curls like being short!

The Bad- My port was placed today, and it hurts. Apparently cutting a hole above your clavicle is painful! I am seriously tired, way more than usual, and concerned about my tired level once chemo starts.

I'm still worried about money and missing work, but my health comes first. Hopefully it will all work out.

The Ugly- I may have bone cancer... The MRI results came back and my liver is fine (very surprising given my 20's) but my left knee is very worrisome per my oncologist. I'm scheduled for a bone biopsy tomorrow and need the results to be ready before my first chemo treatment. Like everything else, I'm trying not to worry, but I'm worried.

I can't change the name of my blog if needed, but I will say I have BBC if my biopsy is positive. I'm really tired of waiting for results, that's one of the hardest parts of my journey. So many issues come to mind when you're waiting... If I have bone and breast cancer will I have to do radiation, will they need to remove tumors from my knee, is it invasive, how the hell are the two connected?!

As week six starts, yet again, I'll be waiting by my phone hoping for good news and trying not to worry about the unknown. I will continue to shake my head because my hair feels cool and I will work to stay positive no matter how hard it feels sometimes.

Thanks to everyone who has me in their prayers and thoughts, part of a prayer chain and anything else y'all are doing to help me fight through this journey.

In times of sadness, let's all remember that T-Rex is unable to tie her shoes....

7 comments:

  1. Just remember T-Rex.. There are many people out there that will tie them for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling daughter, good thoughts, vibes and prayers are still going.
    We are here for you and it's gonna be a T-Rex kinda day so like Viola said get help tying your shoes!!♥️😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all obviously hoping/praying for a big fat negative result on the bone biopsy!!! But please know that Randi's Village is not going anywhere no matter what! We love you. We've got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all here for you and I am so glad you can see how many of us there are and how much we love you. You are one of the strongest women I know. I have looked up to you since our crazy friendship started almost 15 years ago. You have been so strong for me through the roughest parts of my life. Its your turn to let us be the strong ones. I love you Randi and you are in my prayers every night and every morning. The even better news is you are now in My mom and Grandma's prayers and I'm prrrreety sure Grandma has a direct line to the big guy :)

    ReplyDelete