Monday, November 9, 2015

Dude, I'm not dying...

It never occurred to me that BC may kill me. It just never seemed like an option. I'm not sure if this is because I'm too awesome to let BC be the thing that takes me out or if I just decided internally, it's 2015, BC is completely curable. BC is so common anymore, someone knows an aunt, mom, friend, niece of a friend, etc. that has overcome BC except for me, and my friends.

As my BC is coming out, I'm learning that coworkers, peers and extended family of others have been through the many stages of BC. I can only think of my friends mom as the one person I knew, but I did not know her mom well and definitely wasn't in the fight with them. How weird that learning I have BC has opened these other doors to souls and voices I never heard talking before. It's like when I bought my Escape and suddenly there were all of these other Escapes on the road, you know what I mean.

My good friend's mother in law is a true fighter in the BC war and has gone through her journey with strength, faith and love. It didn't hit me til right now that she, could be me.  WTF yo?! I envision my journey as a long one but more than doable, then a peep will tell me I'll get through this. Of fucking course I'm getting through this, I seriously never considered otherwise. Is that weird?!

My husband was like, honey you're putting poison into your body on purpose for many months.... Again, chemo just seemed normal, not normal normal, but a term that is heard in conversation and not really considered.

As I start week 7 of the BC Journey, I am often reminded that this is a treacherous road with laughs at every turn, tears as we cross the hills and love as I work towards the finish line.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my darling daughter your awesomeness shines all the way to Texas and F$&K yeah your getting on the other side of this!!!!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete