Sunday, November 22, 2015

No Hair Randi

Today is the day I've been dreading...my hair fell out in clumps in the shower this morning. I was really counting on it not falling out until the seventh day after chemo and shaving my head on black Friday. Instead, three days after chemo, I pulled my hand away with a significant amount of hair no longer attached.

I yelled for my husband Chuck and he came rushing into the bathroom and told me it would be okay. He asked if today was head shaving day and I said yes. As I finished showering, avoiding touching my hair, he called my BFF Beth and the plan was made to head to Saturdays.

I am not a fussy woman meaning I don't wear makeup, fix my hair, etc. but I do enjoy earrings and pedicures. The loss of my hair put in perspective why so many women fight pretty during this BC war. Other than my earrings, I don't have any other girly thing to do. My hair is gone, I don't see me picking up makeup, but I will continue to paint my nails as long as I can. Fighting pretty now has a whole new meaning.

As the hairstylist turned me around to see my exposed head, Beth and Chuck were right beside me with encouragement and jokes. Just what I needed and wanted in that moment. Today isn't a sad day, its just another leg in this journey, another notch in my BC belt, another day to remember as I inch closer to the finish line.

#cancersucks #baldisbeautiful

1 comment:

  1. I have to say you ROCK without hair just as much as you did with it! Maybe another "throw it on the floor" day is approaching, but today be thankful that at least your head is shaped well!!

    ReplyDelete