Thursday, October 15, 2015

Dude, I have BC

It finally hit me today, Thursday, Oct 15, 2015; I have breast cancer. I met with my surgeon, Dr Lilly, and I have stage 2a on my right breast and potential cancer was found in my left breast after last night's MRI. WTF?!!! I now have cancer in both breasts?! The treatment plan is to start chemo ASAP, I'll be meeting an oncologist next week. I'm triple positive in my right breast and the cell type is invasive ductal carcinoma. This means, in my laymans terms, that I have cancer that digs growing bigger and NO estrogen for me.

As of tonight, no more birth control and I am now worried about getting uterine or ovarian cancer. The good news is we are considering removal of my tubes and ovaries which means NO MORE PERIODS.... The crowd goes wild!!!

I will be doing genetic testing on Monday to determine how susceptible I am to multiple cancers. The remainder of the week will consist of meeting with an oncologist, echo cardiogram, CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis, bone scan and ultrasound with biopsy of my left breast possibly followed by an MRI with biopsy.

Don't be jealous of my week! I also get to wrap my mind around no breasts. Even if the left breast is negative, my age and type of cancer points to a very strong likeliness of cancer in the future. The bright side is that I can hopefully do reconstruction at the same time as the double mastectomy and choose my breast size (within reason, sorry Chuck, no GG's).

Good news, I should only have to worry about FMLA the next few months due to BC. I can worry about disability next year when we discuss surgery. I am beyond lucky to have such supportive friends, family, coworkers and FB peeps. My husband is my main supporter, best friend and Love; I can't imagine going through this without him. I'm not as worried about my emotional state as I am my physical. I am looking forward to naps, losing weight and getting in shape as I work to throat punch this cancer and any others that come my way.

7 comments:

  1. You are amazing, my friend. That's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesomely amazing. I am so glad your sharing. I know this battle will be one that you punch thru with gold stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the attitude of a freaking Rockstar! You got this girl and I am so proud of your approach to this thing. #cancersucks #randi'svillage

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the attitude of a freaking Rockstar! You got this girl and I am so proud of your approach to this thing. #cancersucks #randi'svillage

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the attitude of a freaking Rockstar! You got this girl and I am so proud of your approach to this thing. #cancersucks #randi'svillage

    ReplyDelete