Monday, May 30, 2016

Tonight

It's nearly 1 a.m. and I woke my husband up whining with tears. I was snuggled in my recliner surrounded by Pepper and Gracie Mae when my mouth started watering and I immediately knew I needed to vomit. I began dry heaving, quickly put the dogs on the floor, threw my covers and pillows off, put the recliner upright and ran to the powder room (which luckily is only a few steps away).

I debated how to vomit, standing or sitting. Either way, the dry heaving brought tears to my eyes; my incision was on fire and hurt at every heave. I cried, heaved and nothing came out but some drool. For most people this wouldn't be that big a deal. For me, it's quite painful. I had stomach surgery January 2015 to eliminate my acid reflux and due to this surgery, I'm unable to vomit. I can only dry heave. At the same time, I peed myself trying to vomit and wanted to lay on the floor.

I have no idea what triggered the dry heaving, I ate pretty normally and have been drinking my water. My last drain was removed today (high five) but that shouldn't have affected anything. I walked up the stairs once I felt comfortable moving, after letting the dogs out because as other dog parents understand your dogs always want to go out. I laid on the bed and explained what happened and that I needed a new pair of underwear.

My husband kissed my forehead and asked what he could do. We agreed on gas pills and nausea medicine since I was burping often. The burping was just air, I didn't feel nauseous and wasn't sure how else he could help. So, I changed, came back downstairs and Chuck brought me a Sprite which always makes me feel better (maybe it's in my head, but Sprite helps). I got settled back in the recliner, dried my tears and thanked Chuck for his help.

WTF?! Why did this feeling come on so suddenly? I am obviously not comfy to begin with and added pain is not welcome. I don't know where the weird wanting to vomit feeling came from and hope it doesn't come back.

I am normally an early to bed kind of girl but since my schedule is anything but normal these days, I sleep when I'm tired and wake when I want. Very rarely in adult life do you get this type of freedom so I am taking advantage. Now, I'm still awake an hour later a little worried about going to sleep, but I feel the weird incident was just that, weird. I am a little addicted to watching shows dedicated to tiny houses, a current housing trend, and plan to finish this current episode and then hopefully drift off to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's sympathy insomnia. I too watch Tiny House stuff. I hope you are resting now. You need to. I am lying here listening to the dogs snore. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly! I'm hoping tonight is better

      Delete
  2. You are doing great my dear!! When you need to cry cry it is easier that way. Also kow we are here if you need to talk AT ANY TIME !!

    ReplyDelete