Sunday, May 15, 2016

48 Hours

Well, it's 48 hours until surgery and I'm on the road leaving Myrtle Beach headed to Columbus, Ohio. I have had a great vacation and am sorry to see it end because it means I'm that much closer to a scary long procedure. However, I do miss my husband and furkids. I haven't petted a dog in a week, that is so weird!! I have definitely enjoyed the time away and feel that it was a well deserved vacation.

I was able to swim, burn a little (despite using sunscreen), had some good beer, a few beachy drinks and good conversations with my traveling companions. I am so lucky to have good friends that allowed me to crash their vacation. A couple days I slept in super late but that's what my body wanted to do, and I listened.

The weather was beautiful, it only rained half a day on Friday, otherwise it was sunny and gorgeous. I am not a huge beach fan, don't like the feel of sand and ocean on my feet, but this visit I relished the feeling realizing I won't see the ocean again for awhile. I swam in the pools a few times and it was nice not having to worry about chlorine messing with my hair, ;-).

I'm riding in the back of a Prius feeling my anxiety rising as I head back home. I start tomorrow with a Herceptin infusion and blood draw, but I'll have my husband with me. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed but I'm only 48 hours out, so many things can happen on Tuesday. I'm thinking where is my living will and did I print out my will? I think I just saved it, better get that printed. Should I make a list of who Chuck needs to contact during my surgery Tuesday? How many updates do my friends and loved ones want? Will everyone be on pins and needles as I'm "under the knife" for 10-12 hours? I'll be knocked out but I know Chuck will be a mess. Thank you Cat for taking time off work to spend with him, he shouldn't be alone.

My Mom is no longer able to come up the week after surgery, my younger sister needed her while she was in the hospital and it's hard to be in two places when you're a thousand miles apart. My husband has taken time off so I'll still have a loved one home to help me around. Thank you to everyone who has offered to help, please know how much I appreciate you. During the next nine hours I'm going to rest, kick my feet up and enjoy the ride...

3 comments:

  1. It's not problem at all love you girly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! updates on Tuesday, costantly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to kick up your feet in a Prius :) love you long time sweetie!

    ReplyDelete