Monday, May 16, 2016

T minus 7 hours

Toenail polish has been removed....body has been cleansed with antiseptic cleanser....talked to my Mom...hugged my best friend, her family and my husband....jewelry has been removed...hospital bag has been packed, including Mortimer my dinosaur....hospital outfit has been picked out...now to somehow sleep.

I am laying in bed with two of my furkids, my other two are close by. Today has been a great day, although it started with two doctor appointments, it ended with hugs and I love yous. I had a great dinner and found two awesome pairs of heels, on sale, that I hope to wear soon.

It's nearly 11 p.m. and I have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. for surgery at 7:50 a.m. Two of my best friends will be joining my husband in the morning to start the long wait known as surgery. Another great friend is letting my dogs out and feeding them tomorrow. Many other friends and family will be waiting anxiously by their phones and computers waiting for an update (I assume, because let's face it, I'm pretty awesome). Tomorrow will be a long day for us all, only I'll be asleep missing the action.

My bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction is scheduled for 10-12 hours, longer than a day at work, a good nights sleep and about as long as a good Netflix marathon. I am as mentally prepared as possible, have centered myself and really tried to remember that the advantage of tomorrow is no... more...cancer. I may have to do radiation afterwards but the main event that has been building since October will finally play out.

My right wrist foretells the outcome, Randi 1, BC 0. Tattoos never lie after all.

6 comments: