Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015, we had a time

2015 has been a year of ups and downs, positives and negatives and everything in between. I started the year with a nissen fundoplication, aka stomach surgery for my acid reflux. I was on a liquid diet for a couple months and excited that I could eat and drink again without vomiting acid! That excitement kept on going when Chuck and I flew to Texas to see my mother and sister in May and took Nate to Lego Land in Florida in July. I finished my MBA and graduated in September followed by a wedding between my friend Cat and her wonderful husband.

I'm still amazed that a passing comment by my ob/gyn led to me getting a mammogram that found stage two breast cancer. Thank you insurance for covering mammo's prior to the age of 40. I shudder to think how far the stage would have progressed if not for this life saving test.

My vocabulary and knowledge has broadened this year, from my stomach surgery to learning that I'm triple positive and what that entails. I've learned that vaginal ulcers are real, they hurt and are a side effect of my last round of chemo drugs. I've learned that I suck at healing while on chemo from dog bites to yeast infections, I'm on round three of Diflucan. My body has decided that having a yeast infection, vaginal ulcers and hemorrhoids at the same time is a gift that chemo keeps on giving.

As I look into 2016, I have surgery's to contemplate and yearly colonoscopy's to endure to ensure this cancer is one time only. I truly never considered that breast cancer would be in my future and its certainly made me think of things I should of done, cancer and life insurance, and things I have yet to do. I am holding onto the fact that I'm awesome and will take this journey to heart as I determine my next steps in my career, rescue, etc.

As always, I am truly thankful for my friends, family, husband, Mother and everyone else that has reached out to me. My appreciation knows no limits when I talk about my support system. I've learned that many women aren't so lucky, so please take to heart my thankfulness.

This New Years Eve, we are home, I'm hoping for no diarrhea and the wisdom of my loved ones to stay safe tonight as the alcohol flows. Peace out peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment