Sunday, June 3, 2018

Fucking dating

Don't do it.... Don't download that app... Don't give out your Kik name.... Just stop. Obviously, I have followed none of this advice. I've been on every dating app from Bumble, Plenty of Fish, Tinder, Zoosk, eHarmony, Match to Farmers Only. Yes, I do have a Kik account, it's a way to message and share photos without exchanging numbers. I have a Google phone number so I don't give out my real number. I have communicated with obvious spam, guys who only want one thing, or a few things, but not what I want. I have received multiple pics and videos of body parts that I haven't requested. I have worked to engage guys who are so boring, they admit they have nothing to say or contribute. I have questioned my beauty, heart, intelligence, sense of humor and sense of self worth.
I have tried to meet men for coffee, food, or drinks only to learn they will only meet if certain services are guaranteed. I have been solicited, yes, in that way, more than once. I am an expert on calling men out on multiple topics ranging from b.s. to spam to you obviously only want blank.
I have never felt so gross in my life then strangers only complimenting body parts, or providing their view of what I must be good at doing, or what I can provide them.
Caveat.... I only deal with dudes, but I hear chicks aren't much better sometimes.
Online dating and finding a job are synonymous; I'm putting my best foot out there to learn I'm not what they are looking for. I recently deleted every app from my phone because none have been useful. I've paid for sites, used free sites, downloaded recommended sites. I've tried smiling, rewriting my profile, giving the benefit of the doubt. I've felt uncomfortable, been told I'm fat, unattractive, crazy for doing dog and cat rescue, had nasty comments about my scars.
I have story after story of my negative experiences, and yet, I kept trying. Surely, there are decent guys who'd appreciate a woman like me. I'm cute, maybe even pretty, smart, independent, I don't want kids, great dog mom, lived some life, good sense of humor, etc., etc. However, in this hookup culture, these traits go out the window. Am I good in bed, or giving a blow or hand job, do I like anal, how big are my breasts, am I into threesomes, looking to date an open guy or couple, am I comfortable with BDSM, or being dominant, or submissive. On, and on, and on.
Dating in today's society is cruel, unrelenting, and just fucking tough. I've made my list of who I'm looking for and tossed it into the universe, hoping for a happy return. I am focusing on me, finding a job, and organically finding my person. For those still fighting the good fight online, I feel for you and hope your experience trumps mine positively 10 times over. I know my worth, and I'm fucking worth the right guy knowing that and appreciating me for all that I have to offer, including having a great smile and a love of TRex.

No comments:

Post a Comment