Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Another week gone

I can't believe that it's going to be October soon. This past year has been so crazy; the anniversary of my first mammogram is this Friday, Sept 30th. I could have never imagined that I would be celebrating such a simple test that saved my life. I've been through a lot in my life and really feel it's time for me to have some fucking good luck. It's time for shit to go right, my worrying to decrease, my body to stop being stupid and my life to just get better.
I'm on track to refinance the house, fingers and toes crossed there aren't any issues!! The dogs and I are really needing this to go through, finding a rental that will take us will be so damn difficult if it comes to that. I purchased new floors last week and the household is working on getting ready for them to be installed. We agreed to remove the flooring downstairs and move furniture to help save money. We have to pack up stuff so it can be moved easily and remove the toilets, which sounds awful, but the installers don't even offer the option.
My house dynamic is still a hodge podge of me, four dogs, my soon to be ex husband, sister, her dog, my youngest stepson every other week, and two kittens in the basement. I can't wait for everyone to move out and it just be me and four dogs. I can already imagine being alone...
I plan to contact an attorney next week for the divorce to get that rolling, my union offers a legal plan which is super cheap and helpful.
My test results came back negative/normal for my colonoscopy and pap smear, such a huge sigh of relief. I really am cancer free, feels really good to think and say that out loud. I'm still muddling through life trying to get my work self together and not worry about the other stuff going on... I can't control the refinance, but I can be prepared for the floors. Once I know that the dogs and I have a definite place to live and a timeline can be established for occupants to move, it will be so nice.
Don't get me wrong, we all have a safe place to live as long as we need, but separation does the heart good. Divorce is difficult, emotional, time consuming and a million other things that can't be put into words. Figuring out a way to separate while still living together is not ideal, you're still doing many of the same things and going to the same places. My therapist suggested a timeline of separation so its easier for both parties and not so abrupt that it ruins the opportunity for friendship.
Friendship is key to both of us and we both agree that separation will help us get from marriage to ex's to friends. I also want to be friends with my sister as she starts to embark on her journey from housemate to living on her own. I can be very direct and even come off mean or uncaring at times, I'm hoping I don't lose my valued relationships as I transition from wife to friend, sister to friend, stepmom to friend, married to single, cancer girl to survivor and everything in between.
I'm really, really hopeful that my life is going to turn a corner and throw me a few aces. I will always try to help those less fortunate, but it'd be nice if I could have just a smidge of luck along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment