Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Bananas per JBo

I've made the decision to quit my job so I can just be . . I'm going to travel, enjoy life, visit friends and family, check out some places I've never been, and open myself to new opportunities. I've been considering this leap for a few months. Although my job is fabulous in regards to pay and benefits, my soul needs a break. I've slept amazing since making this decision. My friends and family are mostly supportive, if anything they are happy that I'm happy.
I plan to be off for a few months and explore options that I've never considered previously. Consider places I could live and start fresh. I'm divorced, no kids, 4 dogs, hold a few degrees, solid work history, great references, and more important than anything, the support and love of those close to me. I've been working since I was 15, for the first time, I'm going to be off the work leash, focusing on me, my well being, mental health, and reflecting on who I am after the past few years.
I'm more than a breast cancer survivor, but I'm also a breast cancer survivor. I recognize that this decision isn't for everyone. I'll be pulling from my retirement to pay down debt incurred during my marriage, and funding my new adventures. I recognize that building those funds back up will be a challenge, but I also know I'm here today. I feel good about my decision, it's the right time to explore, feel, and enjoy life. I'll return to the work force, but I'm hoping to return in a different capacity. I'm going to look at jobs I would have never considered; once you're at the City, it's difficult to leave which is why I'm leaving now on a good note. No bridges are being burned, friendships will remain intact, Randi will get back to Randi.
If any of you are having heart palpitations, take a deep breath, and remember this is about me and my choices. This is the right decision for me. It's okay to be excited, worried, and scared for me. I appreciate all advice, job referrals, hugs, high fives, and pearls of wisdom. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have such a kick-ass support system.
Yes, I'll blog during my journey. Yes, y'all will know where I am. Yes, I'll be smart about my adventure, I'll check in, use my money wisely, and remember that timelines are important. Setting deadlines is necessary. I really have thought about this, I am ready for what's next for Randi L. Arnett.
In the words of JBo.... This is bananas!

4 comments: