Friday, February 26, 2016

Boob discussion

Met with Dr T my plastic surgeon and feel good about my reconstruction. He was patient and talked about my three options. He is supportive of doing flap surgery which will use my abdominal fat and tissue (I have plenty to spare) to make my new breasts. It's a seven to ten hour surgery that will occur mid to late May.

Dr T has a 98% success rate with this surgery and only does breast reconstruction. I did learn that at the time of surgery Dr Lilly, my breast surgeon, will test a few lymph nodes for cancer. If negative, no radiation, so unless something weird happened and my MRI shows more cancer I shouldn't have to worry about radiation.

I'm pretty trusting but I also feel that since Dr Lilly recommended Dr T I can feel comfortable. I of course had to wait for over an hour, but as I've said, cancer equals waiting. Dr T said that I'll go down a cup size which is my intention. The recovery time will be 4-6 weeks and then I can get my hysterectomy. The nice thing is that my Ob/Gyn can go through the same incision which is less scarring.

Today was scary, talking to another surgeon was concerning but I'm glad that it was positive and allowed me to ask questions. Surprisingly Chuck didn't have a lot of questions and I think he also feels good about the plan. I know this won't be my last boob post...

6 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! I'm happy it was a good news day babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you get to take off some tummy with it!! Yea! Focus on the positive here... Love ya long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better option than using tissue from my back or silicone. All that beer is paying off!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you got an awesome dr that just does reconstruction. Will be praying. Love the idea of using tummy fat for boobs-maybe I should do that :)

    ReplyDelete